A blown-out tire presents a dangerous event, where many drivers may not feel they know what to do. Although it is not a common occurrence, tire blowouts happen and never at a good time. Knowing how to handle a blown-out tire can save you and passengers from injury or damage to the vehicle.
If you are in a situation in which your tire blows out, take the following steps:
- Keep hands on the wheel as the vehicle may swerve.
- Do not slam on the brakes, this may cause
- Let your car slow down gradually, take your foot off the accelerator and the break
- Pull to the side of the road once you have slowed to a safe speed.
- Activate your emergency flashers.
Keeping a cool head during a stressful situation, such as a blown-out tire, helps you prevent damage or injury. Although it may not be your fault that your tire blew out, you could be liable for damage caused to other persons or their vehicles.
If you are in need of affordable auto insurance, head over to CheapInsuranceQuotesChicago.com. We can help you shop for quotes, answer questions you might have, and help you find an affordable policy.